Definitely applying to:
1) Stanford PhD Minor in Applied Linguistics- Great school, great location, lots of choice in the program- deadline January 4th.
2) U Penn's Educational Linguistics program- this is the second closest thing to my interests, and it's in the northeast which I like- deadline December 15th
3) University of Arizona's Second Language Acquisition and Teaching program- it's in Arizona, but is unquestionably the coolest program. And I suppose it's close to Mexico- deadline February 1st.
This is why it's so hard to research schools- they all call my program a different thing. It also tends to be an interdisciplinary program between the Linguistics and Education departments, which means neither of them really has complete information.
By the way, the top secret plan (don't tell my parents) is to defer for a year and bum around Europe with Peter. I may or may not get around to telling them over Thanksgiving.
3 Comments:
What about Cornell?
-Hilarie
P.S. I got a 53.3333 on the quiz on your website! Thats pretty good for a lot of guessing, heh
Cornell actually doesn't have applied linguistics even though they're listed on the AAAL list. So Cornell is out of the running.
Cornell languages are a mess now anyway. They didn't even have the organization to send me a rejection letter. Stanford all the way! What about UT Austin?
Publicar un comentario
<< Home