karenlikescereal

domingo, noviembre 07, 2004

I picked up a hitchhiker!

He was a nice fellow who had hitchhiked from Washington State to Boston in two weeks, and was on his way home. He was maybe 25, a big guy with a beard, wearing a straw hat and army jacket (he's not in the military, but thinks it gets him more rides.) I picked him up at exit 2 on 84 in Danbury after stopping for gas and dropped him just a few exits later over the New York border. Since he had been waiting on that onramp for a long time, he was glad to have a change of scenery even if it meant going only a few miles down the road. I was the second woman who had picked him up- both teachers.

So for all of you who have asked me "YOU hitchhike, but would you even pick up a hitchhiker?" apparently I would.


3 Comments:

At 7:38 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Me too!
-Toph

 
At 11:25 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

I'd be more scared to pick up a guy with an army jacket, like maybe they had post-traumatic stress disorder and would cut my hand off with a butter knife.

-Emily

 
At 6:47 p. m., Blogger karenlikescereal said...

Yeah, I definitely would be less likely to pick up someone with an army jacket. They might be pro-Bush.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home