karenlikescereal

lunes, enero 17, 2005

Characteristics of my future house

1. Not too big- you accumulate too much stuff.
2. It must have trees and a creek in close proximity. Hilly is preferable to flat.
3. Having other people around is preferable to not having them around, but blocks are preferable to developments with artificially curvy streets.
4. No air conditioning.
5. No pets that are mammals.
6. There will be lots of plants.
7. It goes without saying that the color scheme will be cool colors instead of warm colors, and I also don't want it all white. That's boring.
8. The butter will be left out of the fridge, and the fridge will not have gross old food.
9. The toilet lid will be left down and the bathroom door will be left open.
10. There will only be one or two TVs, and they will be in common spaces, not bedrooms.
11. Wireless internet!
12. It will have built-in shelving for lots of books and stuff.
13. A fireplace.
14. The dishes will be Alfred ceramics.
15. It will have an awesome couch.
16. At least one of the carpets will be padded.
17. I'm split on whether to have a coffeemaker, but if you asked me today I would say no. Breadmaker, maybe. Hot bread is really good. Dishwasher, definitely.
18. The knick-knack collection will be rotated so it doesn't get boring/dusty.
19. The windows won't be covered up by curtains usually.
20. Finally- this is totally different than the rest of my down-to-earth house requirements- ever since I was little I've wanted to make a room in my house accessible only by artificial rock-climbing wall. And to be honest, I still want it.