karenlikescereal

domingo, febrero 06, 2005

food products for single people

Nick once wrote about his idea to start a supermarket that caters to single people. (I can't find the post because of xanga's apparent lack of a calendar feature.) Here are some products he should feature:

1) Stonyfield Farm Organic Milk. How much would you pay for milk that never expired? Because I bought one a few days ago and the expiration date was MARCH 22! Thanks to Mr. Ultra-Pasteur and the miracle of Ultra-Pasteurization, I now never have to throw out milk because I live alone. Also, by buying reasonably-priced organic things, you influence the supermarkets to carry more reasonably-priced organic things.

2) Pre-cooked bacon. No splattering, and you can make 4 pieces at a time instead of having an immense hunk of bacon in your freezer forever.

3) Anything (meat, cheese, etc.) from the deli section. As Emily and I discovered independently, it costs exactly as much as the packaged stuff, except it's fresher and you can buy only as much as you want.

4) Green Giant 9 oz. packages of frozen vegetables. You microwave them in the package and they're small.

5) Ball Park Singles hot dogs. Unless you're having a barbecue, you'll never go through 8 hot dogs.

6) Individual fruits and vegetables (apples, banannas, potatoes, etc.)- as opposed to collective fruits and vegetables (brocolli, grapes, etc.)


And the top food that is NOT single-person friendly:

1) BREAD- WHY CAN'T I BUY A HALF LOAF OF BREAD? It gets moldy in five seconds. And frozen bread is NOT good.


2 Comments:

At 11:53 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hey, now when I google "Karen Lichtman" to get to your blog, as I always used to do, I get all this Spanish lesson stuff?!? Fix it. I want to google you and have your blog come up first.
-A

 
At 7:10 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

I must disagree with the choice of pre-cooked bacon. I think single men really like to cook bacon. Thee grease, the spattering: it's all so macho.
-nick

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home