money money money
Emily wrote about a bad Williams fundraising letter. I never got that letter, presumably because I actually sent in ten bucks to their campaign. (Ripp has brainwashed me into artificially inflating the "percentage donating" statistic, because then you get even MORE money from the REALLY rich people.) Here's what you get if you contribute: another Williams decal, and a postcard of nine ebullient JAs standing in a beam of sunlight in front of Sage (Or Williams) C. On the back is a handwritten message saying "Dear Karen, Thank you for helping Williams College serve students like me and for making our college experience so much more rewarding. Sincerely, Bethany Lorge '07." Was she required to do this, or did the JAs volunteer because they have too much spare time? And more importantly, I don't think that my $10 would make her college experience "so much more rewarding" even if I handed it to her. Well, it's the thought that counts.
1 Comments:
Actually, if Williams is anything like Bates, she probably got free pizza for writing to you. I have done this before - just for the FREE PAPA JOHN'S PIZZA! Basically the Bates Development office sends out an email saying that they will give you all-you-can-eat Papa John's pizza, soda, and cookies if you come write thank you notes to people who donate. As a writer, you don't know how much the person donated. But we have to write a more personal message than what you got. We're supposed to say what teams we're on, what our major is, what we love about Bates, etc. They have development office staff that actually read what you wrote and have to approve it before you can leave. For the food, you have to write 5 thank you notes to donors. The place is packed. Free food is the ultimate motivator for college students - you can get them to do AN-Y-THING!
-Andrea
Publicar un comentario
<< Home