karenlikescereal

sábado, febrero 12, 2005

re-JECTED!

Berkeley rejected me... my first rejection ever, since I got into all my undergrad schools. Well, Willliams takes 20% of the students, and Berkeley took 7% this year. So I guess I'm in that other 13%. I'm not broken up about it- it wasn't my top choice, and I still have 8 other schools. One less to choose from...

Dear Ms. Lichtman,

I am writing to inform you that all the material submitted with your application has been reviewed by the Linguistics Department Graduate Admissions and Fellowships Committee, and we are unable to recommend you for admission to our program.

The Berkeley campus has a strict enrollment ceiling and thus each department is limited in the number of new students it may admit each year. The Linguistics Department Graduate Admissions and Fellowships Committee has the difficult task of selecting students with the strongest overall records from a large pool of well-qualified applicants. The result, unfortunately, is that we must deny many applicants who are capable of excellent academic work. This year we had 130 applicants; our target incoming class size is 9.

I am sorry that we do not have a place for you, and I hope that you will be able to make other arrangements to achieve your academic goals.