UPenn visit
I visited UPenn yesterday... just driving under the bridge onto the campus made me psyched to go back to grad school. It's just so right to live on a college campus. (Especially UPenn's, which has cool buildings like Williams and big old houses like Cornell tucked into a big city with lots of cheap ethnic food and college hangouts.) Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get into the program, because they're taking 3 people out of 75 and they prefer masters' degrees. Oh well. I met one of the three faculty members, the one who is the best-known researcher, and she was... eccentric. And kind of a slow talker. So I wouldn't call the visit a complete success- but I did learn that the job market in my field is fantastic. Their 3 grads had 43 open positions in academia available to them, in addition to everything you could find in the private sector. Mmmmm.... campus.
0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home