karenlikescereal

jueves, marzo 03, 2005

Overheard in Peter's living room...

dolemiteq: Would you ever want sterling silver serving trays and such?
karenlikescereal: no
dolemiteq: even if they were free?
karenlikescereal: I don't serve things on trays
dolemiteq: fair enough
karenlikescereal: is your mom trying to pass down family heirlooms to me?
dolemiteq: ACtually.. yes..
dolemiteq: I had just walked in from my run and all I heard was "and if Peter ever marries Karen, I don't think she would want them"
dolemiteq: and I was like "want WHAT!?"
karenlikescereal: hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaahhaah

So many bizarre things here... it's weird for my boyfriend's mom to be talking about him marrying me. It's even weirder that she is considering passing down her silver serving trays to me. And WEIRDER that she knows that I wouldn't want them! And even weirder still that he walked in on this conversation...


4 Comments:

At 12:21 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

And weirder still for me to read it on your blog.

I had a girlfriend's parent accidentally refer to me as a son-in-law once.

 
At 3:16 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

take them and use them for sledding, duh.

-Emily

 
At 10:51 p. m., Blogger karenlikescereal said...

Anonymous person, are you Jon?

 
At 4:59 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Thoughts...
1. Clearly you don't know our mom very well
2. Mom = wedding obsessed
3. No one wants that tray-who will polish silver???.
4. It will be even weirder when she starts talking about your future children...
5. When I read the title of the post, I thought for sure it was about both parents snoring in tandem. Now I feel a little homesick.

--Amy

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home