speak now!
OK, it's down to the wire and down to Illinois PhD in Linguistics program with Certificate of Advanced Study in SLATE, and Arizona's ELL Masters followed by SLAT PhD for grad school. If only they hadn't made it so difficult by having such similar programs, being equally prestigious, and offering me the same package (well, Illinois' is slightly better.) Send me your thoughts ASAP!
Arizona: +they made an effor to recruit me, +close to Mexico, +outdoor activities more popular there, -have to start in the ELL masters' program, -far away and in the desert, -campus and package slightly less nice
Illinois: +can start directly in PhD program, +package and campus slightly better, +close to Chicago and closer to the northeast, -in the midwest, -I have less information about them than Arizona, -ok, I'm leaning toward Illinois I guess, but did I mention that the midwest is flat and people have accents there?
1 Comments:
My vote: Illinois. You go right into the PhD program, you can easily zip up to Chicago for fun times, and it looks to me like a stronger, more specialized program.
That, and I drove 300 miles to get you there, so you better choose it.
Publicar un comentario
<< Home