karenlikescereal

miércoles, junio 29, 2005

Bike!

Well, apparently finding work is not quite so simple- everyplace wants my CV, which currently contains only teaching-related stuff. I guess I can make up a new one that trumps up my pseudo-nanny position. But really- working hostel reception requires a CV? Can't I just put my name, email address, and IQ on a sheet of paper and hand it over?

In better news, I bought a very used bike for 60 euros! I think it was nice when new- it's a mountain bike with full suspension. Since then, it's been left out in the rain for two years, the back brake definitely needs tightening (or complete overhaul), and it makes a lot of clicking noises. My theory is that the rust will keep thieves away. I taped the mudflap back together, and it even came with a padlock!


2 Comments:

At 3:11 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Yeah - actually your application idea would probably be more predictive of your job performance than a CV. In my Industrial/Organizational Psychology class we learned that "general mental ability" (a smooth name for IQ) is the absolute best predictor of job performance - better than resumes, interviews, recommendations, and grades. Cool, huh?
-A

 
At 3:36 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Yeah, but who's going to look at that and say "Oh good, someone smarter than me! Sounds like the perfect person to hire."

The problem is the dumb people got into power first.

~Peter

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home