looking for work
I've got a list of 13 hostels to check out tomorrow for work. Right now I have 3 weeks free before the hiking trip/travelling with Andrea, and I have this apartment, so it seems like a good time to stay put in Galway and find a job. Besides, hostels are undoubtedly the coolest places in the world, and I've always wanted to work in one. If the hostels don't work out, I'm going to try a language school (possibly English- we met about 50 international kids from all different countries at a house party last night, many of whom are here to learn English. Why Ireland? I have no idea.) If the hostels and language schools don't work out, I'll try babysitting for a hotel or working in one of the 7 million bed and breakfasts or restaurant work. I think it will be fun to have a minimum wage job. I've never worked except for various Williams College offices, babysitting/church babysitting, and yeah, those 3 years as a Spanish teacher.
The party last night was amazing- at 10:30, we were wandering around in the cold trying to find it. At 12:00, we were sitting in the driveway drinking in the cold. At 12:30, people started pouring in and the entire living room was reorganized. At 3:00, we left and people were still arriving! We're tapped into the entire Galway young ex-pat party scene. And did I mention how cool it is to speak English, Spanish, German, and French at the same party?
0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home