the art of the sign... gone?
Ah, signing. You get up at 9, pack your backpack with the tools of the trade [food, water, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, extra layers in case of not-sunniness, amusements (German book, Angela's Ashes, camera manual, graph paper for making puzzles, iPod, Lonely Planet)] ride the 15 minutes downhill into town, and take up your watch. You make sure the sign is pointing directly at the tourist office. You help old ladies use the phone, tell people where the tourist street is, stop in for a cup of coffee at the office. Maybe you even get a Cadbury snack bar. Maybe you're allowed to move the sign into the sun or shade. Maybe you have to stay in one place. You study, you read, you sunbathe, you enjoy. Is all this gone?
Also, will I be paid for the 3-4 days I did?
I'm off to meet my sister and my parents for a one-week hiking trip. Internet may or may not be in short supply. Alan or Nicolas may or may not be using my computer for untold amounts of time. I may or may not be moving out of this apartment and travelling with Andrea instead. Life is uncertain.
0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home