people are crazy
Andrea is travelling in Europe for the next four weeks, and I'm going with her as soon as I'm done working security at the Galway Races (more on that later.) My options rent-wise are to pay four weeks, five weeks, six weeks, or no weeks. Please note that Andrea and I are travelling for three weeks. Therefore, any of the other options would involve me paying over twice as much rent as I'm actually using. A good idea? Not really.
Because of this, I "moved out" and Dave and Peter, unfortunately, had to move into a 2-bedroom instead of a 3 bedroom. It's still plenty big for three people because Peter's room has two beds, and I'm paying Peter half rent while I'm here.
So why are people crazy? Because they all assume this means Peter and I have broken up. Why? Are we sewn together at the hip? Is it so odd to go do something with a family member instead of a boyfriend? Is three weeks such an unthinkable amount of time to have a long distance relationship? Should I let my little sister roam around Europe unaccompanied because I have to stay in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant? Jeez. (No offense meant to Peter's family if you are reading this; all our friends in Galway also assumed we broke up.) I just can't believe how easily people jump to that conclusion.
OK, the Galway Races. I'm working for Sword Security. I wear my own black pants, white shirt, and black shoes (all of which I bought for a total of 21 euros at Penneys), and their green tie. My most important quality is good communication skills and my most important task is access control. If anything goes wrong, I call my supervisor. And if they're going to evacuate the stands because there's a bomb threat, the code phrase that goes over the loudspeaker is "Would Colonel McDermott from the Eastway Barracks please make his way to the secretary's office."
2 Comments:
no offense taken. nice that andrea is spending more than just 2 weeks in ireland. love reading of your travels, pls tell more, espec loved the mayo story..that is where johns' mom was from..looking forward to seeing you and being there for ourselves to see the green..from peters' mom
LIKE OHMIGOD YOU BROKE UP?!?! I'm so sorry!
Anyways... uh, this is Alan. Your jazz musician friend from Galway. You posted in my journal (and yes, it gets like four posts a year) so I thought I'd find yours, karenlikescereal, and post in it. I made a new CD cover thanking you for the use of your computer.
Ok, I'll talk to you later. Sorry again about the breakup. :)
Alan
http://www.abailey.org
Publicar un comentario
<< Home