the dark days
I've just recovered from a horrible travelling sickness- so horrible that, though I won't go into details, I can't ever remember the last time I was that sick- definitely over 10 years ago. I actually went to a hospital on the third day and was very disappointed that the doctor said I would recover on my own. (Though the nurse stole me medicine out of the cabinet, and I got the visit for free because they "have no way to bill me in the U.S.", so it wasn't a total loss.) I ate a couple of pieces of pizza the first day, but after that I couldn't get down more than 1 piece of toast or a few plain biscuits each day. Here's what I did on that kind of energy (through a haze of weariness and extreme discomfort):
-hitchhiked from Bath to Stratford on Avon, walked 3 hours in a circle with all of our stuff because the Lonely Planet map to the hostel was WRONG
-went to Warwick and walked all along the castle, including the rampart walk with 350 steps
-walked four miles around Stratford seeking medical attention from three different places; went to Oxford
-walked all around Oxford, took a bus to London, walked at least three miles in the dark in London looking for a hostel
-walked another mile to the train station, took the Eurostar to Paris, walked 7 flights up to our hotel room with all my stuff
Yeah, I'm not a wimp.
0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home