Cing Cong
OK, that's a horrible title, but we spent two pretty good days in Cong. That's a tiny little town north of Galway where they filmed The Quiet Man, an old John Wayne movie that I slept through the first time but liked much better the second time since I was awake. So not only can you go around seeing locations from the film, there's also a castle, five or six caves, a ruined abbey, a stone circle, and this thing we spent an hour bushwhacking to get to that turned out to be a pile of rocks. Budget traveller heaven! Our hostel was pretty mediocre- they only gave out 6 minute shower tokens, breakfast was two pieces of white bread, and they charged 10 euros for laundry- not that we paid it. However, it was improved by this Spanish guy, Endika, who was really obsessed with The Quiet Man and went around whistling music from it.
Now we're in Dublin- we got sick of moving around with so much luggage, so we paid the weekly rate at the Marlborough House (where Andrea and I stayed) and we're going to stay put for a bit. Peter's parents are coming then, and we're going to bum around on their tour bus! (hopefully)
In other news, I actually got paid for my security work last month. (Unless you're the Irish government, in which case I have never worked in Ireland in any way.)
0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home