Amster, amster, dam dam dam!
Today is our last day in Amsterdam, and suffice it to say, it's exactly how I remembered it except with awesome weather. I don't know how anyone can not go to Amsterdam. The canal houses! The canals! The prostitutes! We actually talked to one of the prostitutes, and got hit with a whip by another one!
Sorry mom, the Heineken Brewery has been converted into the Heineken Experience, and it costs 10 euros to go in. Lame. We're also not going [back] to the Anne Frank house because Peter has never read it (!) Actually, the house is just some empty rooms, reading the book is much better.
2 Comments:
Karen, you're clearly part of that covetted "private road construction" market. Haha. The randomness of your blog spam never fails to amuse me.
Amsterdam sounds really cool. I'll add it to my list of must-see places. Did you do any boat tours of the canals? And do people really use them a lot or are they just left over from times when they did?
Whenever anybody asks me "what does your sister do?" and I respond that she's travelling Europe for a year they always think you must be the coolest person ever.
Oh and Peter not having read Anne Frank - book or play? That's crazy.
-A
I hate my blog spam! The canal tours are really cheap, we got a student price of only 5.50 as opposed to like 14 for a longer tour in Hamburg. The people still use the canals to have houseboats in- there are 2700 houseboats in the city. I'm glad I get to be the coolest person ever. There are a fair number of Australians on 1-2 year trips, but otherwise people are mostly here for around a month. And Peter has HEARD of Anne Frank, just never read either book. Kind of crazy, but we did it in school, so it's not like we specifically went looking for the book ourselves.
Publicar un comentario
<< Home