Wiener Opera
Vienna lets you stand in the back of the opera house and see an awesome production for €2. You even get a rail to lean on, and a TRANSLATION screen! I saw "Ariadne at Naxos." The first act was great- lots of action. The second act was deadly boring. Even reading both the English and the German subtitles didn't keep me busy. But then the third act... oh wait, there was no third act. The story just kind of fizzled out with only two actors onstage. I was sitting in the lobby, waiting for the third act, when I noticed that everyone was putting on their coats and leaving. Oops!
1 Comments:
I went to the Wiener Opera, too! I saw "Le Nozze de Figaro" which in my mind, incorrectly translates to "The nose of Figaro." For all the Italian shrieking, that might have actually been what it was about, for all I know.
Publicar un comentario
<< Home