Berlin nightlife
On Friday night, we were going out for Katie (from Australia)'s birthday. I thought I was running late to meet them, so I took my beer with me onto the bus. Even though it's allowed here, it always makes me feel like a total lush. I sat down next to a Berlin punky-looking guy (dyed mohawk, about 40, spiky jacket, dog) hoping he wouldn't object to my choice of beverages. After I sat down I noticed that he had a beer. Then I looked across the aisle. That guy had a beer too. Ah, Berlin.
By the way, if you're wondering why so many bum-looking Berliners have dogs, it's because the government gives you more welfare if you have one. Exactly like having a child.
Long story short, we were out till 4 am, at which point I somehow found myself walking south (away from the hostel) on my very own street. Hmm, maybe those Hemingways were stronger than I thought. Next Friday: more of the same for Wilhelm's birthday!
3 Comments:
Sweet!
If you get a dog, can you get welfare from the German governement?
How do they check to make sure you actually have a dog anyway?
-A
What on earth is in a Hemingway?
I don't know how they check if you have a dog, but I do know that every street in Kreuzberg is covered in dog shit. All the time. And a Hemingway is gin, grenadine, and two more kinds of alcohol... which I forget. It was a good night.
Publicar un comentario
<< Home