Københaven
I'm in Copenhagen... unfortunately, I didn't sleep on the whole flight because it was from 5:30pm-12:30am US time, and also I watched The Brothers Grimm and 8 Mile. Now I feel like someone took a giant siphon and sucked my energy out. But the city is cool so far. And cold. I'm going to Christiana (the hippie commune in the middle of the city) tomorrow, and to be honest, that's the only "attraction" I'm really interested in seeing.
Danish is pretty similar to German- there's lots of stuff like "billigt" instead of "billig" (cheap). (But "quit" is "slut.") I'd heard that Scandanavia was very child-friendly, but it actually seems like every single person has a baby as an accessory. There are playgrounds everywhere. Also, it's apparently ok to leave your baby in its stroller outside a store if the store is crowded. As long as the store isn't on a hill, I guess.
It's amazing how new possessions can change your life when you're living out of one bag. I bought a winter coat just before I left, and now I feel like I've been transformed from "girl with no winter coat" to "girl with winter coat." The coat is awesome. Except it makes the parts of me that aren't under it cold.
2 Comments:
Copenhagen, eh? I guess that means you're back in Europe. :) I got your postcard by the way a couple weeks ago. So do you have plans after Copenhagen? Living in Berlin?
By the way, Copenhagen wasn't too interesting for me... hope it's better for you. Are you staying in the HUGE hostel that has "great." written everywhere?
Alan, still travelling vicariously through others.
I liked Copenhagen, but a day or two is plenty. I'm staying in Sleep in Heaven, which has "It's more fun" written everywhere, especially on posters that state rules. Yup, the plan is to live in Berlin from tomorrow through February 20th! I recommend vicarious travel. It's much warmer.
Publicar un comentario
<< Home