Working for the (French wo)Man
Things are going well at the Pegasus. I spent most of yesterday using the master key to go in every room in the building. Then today, I loaded the fridge that they sell drinks from! For some reason, that was a big part of my hostel-working fantasy. Svenno (an actual Berliner who works here) always gives me cool things to do.
However, my boss, Isabelle, is a total and utter bitch. Maybe it's just a French thing. But nothing I do is ever right, if the computer is broken it's my fault, and if I'm working on one thing, I should have been working on something else. I've taken to adding English words that are rude to me but not to her ("Whatever! I'm just trying to log on to the computer here.") I also have a lot of great retorts that I say. In my head. ("Well, are you paying me? No? Then I find it very difficult to care." "Oh, I'm ten minutes late? Why don't you take one cent off my 'pay'?" "Yeah, I'll be happy to do that when you start paying me.")
P.S. I wrote this while working.
1 Comments:
That's right: stick it to the man!
Publicar un comentario
<< Home