karenlikescereal

sábado, marzo 11, 2006

I´m in Spain!

It´s sooooo nice to be able to speak the language.

And people are friendlier than I remember them- I already had a long conversation about religion with an old guy who invited me to come see his village (I declined because it was in the wrong direction), and then I met a woman on the bus who is letting me use her apartment in Cadiz for free! She seemed kind of sketchy (disheveled and pissed off) but actually she was just in a hurry. We had to sit on the floor because the bus was full and none of the annoying schoolkids would give her a seat, so we made friends.

So I´m psyched to see Cadiz and stay for free. But right now, I´m staying in a youth hostel that has a fireplace, a huge TV, curtains made out of local woven material, new matching bedspreads and blankets, free breakfast, lockable private bathrooms with spotless showers and- get this- a piece of paper on the toilet that says it´s been sanitized. How much does it cost? €9.50. Just goes to show that you never know what you´re going to get when you hostel it.

And tomorrow, there just happens to be a bullfight in the next pueblo over. If this trip gets any more Spanish, I might start dancing the flamenco.