ice coffee
I´ve read a couple of hard core drug memoirs recently- A Million Little Pieces (the one that was taken off the Oprah´s book club list), and Scar Tissue (the lead singer of Red Hot Chili Peppers´s autobiography), plus I saw Walk the Line. At this point, if someone started shooting up heroin in front of me, I probably wouldn´t be too surprised.
My drug of choice is definitely ice coffee. If you offered me an ice coffee right next to all the other drugs I´ve done (just kidding mom), I would take the ice coffee every time. The sugar rush... the taste... the way it stays the same temperature the whole time you´re drinking it, unlike hot coffee...
Unfortunately, Spain thinks my ice coffee habit is somewhat odd. They do have cafe con hielo, but that doesn´t include any milk and it has a lemon. Not to mention how stingy they are with the ice- even though the coffee is HOT, they give you two cubes every single time. I always ask for more and they usually laugh out loud. I´m after the American stuff- already cold and still crammed with ice. I guess I´ll just have to be very specific. Hi, I´d like a coffee, a large glass with eight ice cubes, a couple of packets of sugar, and some cold milk.
And much as heroin goes with sex, ice coffee goes with internet, my other drug of choice. Mmmmmm.
0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home