karenlikescereal

miércoles, abril 12, 2006

overheard in NY

Real News for Real Leaders

Tourist woman #1: Oh, well I cannot believe that. I cannot believe that they would write that!
Tourist woman #2: What did it say?
Tourist woman #1: "Bush to Appoint Someone to Run Country"! It's just so ignorant! And to get front page too!
Tourist woman #2: ...Are you sure this was a real newspaper?

--42nd & Broadway


Wednesday One-Liners

Woman on cell: No, I mean, whatever. I cried for that baby when it died and all. Shit! I even went to its funeral and the damn thing wasn't even born! Who the fuck has a funeral for a baby that wasn't even born?...Whatever, that's not the point. The point is, I'm sure as hell not going to a birthday party for a baby whose funeral I went to a year ago. That is fucking morbid...and they had better not be expecting presents.

--14th between 7th & 8th


For Nick: This is More of a Bodega Conversation

Italian lady: I think soemtimes I even like coming grocery shopping more for the music they play than the food selection they have.
Spanish guy: Eh, they never have any reggaeton.
Italian lady: Oh, are you sure it's not in the pasta section?

--Whole Foods, Union Square