karenlikescereal

domingo, junio 25, 2006

gettin' old

Actually, I don't feel like I'm getting old at all. I feel exactly the same. But a whole bunch of kids that I used to babysit when they were about five years old (making me about 13) are graduating high school this year. They're huge, and either gorgeous with perfect 18 year old bodies (the girls) or kind of awkward with shaggy hair and bad skin (the boys.) My favorite babysitting story about them is this one girl, Fiona, who said, "Mommy and Daddy don't like it when we go behind the couch, so we made a rule that we can only do it when they're not home."

The nice thing about all these graduation parties is that we never, ever have to cook, and we may never be hungry again. The annoying thing is that recurring feeling of, "Oh... guess I should have thought of getting a graduation gift before now."


1 Comments:

At 5:18 p. m., Blogger Bernardo de Balbuena said...

Could we have one post where you don't talk about sweet, sweet 18 girls?

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home