georgeous remolded house!
I have an apartment! It's the awesomest one I looked at- only 5 blocks from the foreign language building, on a brick street with huge trees in a neighborhood that is mostly grad students, on the top floor of a nice old house with lots of wood. My room and my closet are huge. My roommate is finishing a law/medicine program, and she seems cool enough on the phone. And, I'm only committed to this place for the fall, so I can move midyear if something better comes up... or stay, or snag the apartment for next year when the other girl is leaving so I could pick my next roommate.
Here it is:
OK, so about Champaign-Urbana. Any concerns I had about being in the cornfields were entirely unfounded. The place is HUGE. There are a zillion restaurants and every chain store imaginable. Just the campus itself is HUGE. (oops, I already said that. But it IS!) I don't even know how people calculate "my apt. is 1.5 miles from campus" because it goes on forever. And the towns are nice, too- large portions of both of them are covered with Westchester-sized trees, and there are downtown areas in Champaign, Collegetown, and Urbana. It doesn't feel like a city- you can park everywhere and there aren't big areas of mysterious buildings that do you no good; everything is either houses or businesses. So yeah, I like it.
Previous to my apartment search, Jon and I drove here from NYC. Which is a long way. And we were in NYC to go to Ebit and Joe's wedding, which was awesome- especially the reception! Sushi, open bar, and guys in red and white striped shirts giving gondola rides! I think we forgot to take a Williams photo, but there was a decent contingent, including Anna, who was looking particularly fine:
And before that, we hung out with Jon's brothers in Ithaca (see summer 2004 for details). And before that I was at home. And before that I took a couple pictures of the flood, which you can see here along with the aforementioned pictures.
1 Comments:
Looks amazing. And the language building looks just like Sawyer!
Publicar un comentario
<< Home