PUB CRAWL
Periodically, when I come home, I like to say hello to my first boyfriend. He's always been pretty easy to find- he worked at the bar on Main St., and lived above the bar. And his paycheck went to cover his rent and bar tab. So. Anyway, no one really likes to walk into a bar alone, so I enlisted my sister to go with me. And then we decided to go on a WILD PUB CRAWL, drinking at EVERY BAR IN ALFRED! Except that there are only two.
We started the night at GJ's, short for Gentleman Jim's. The dress code was casual (two of the hottest looks: Hot Dog Day T-shirt with athletic shorts; camouflage baseball cap.) The decor could best be described as pukeproof, with pole-dancing pole. There were well over 8 people in the bar- it was Saturday night, after all. But hey, they do a mean Midori Sour.
Our next and final stop was Alex's, which has considerably more atmosphere in terms of both patrons and theme. Art from AU students abounded, and there was a nearly-genuine hobo who struck up a conversation with us. The drinks (gin and tonic & vodka and cranberry) were not quite as good, but we had more fun and got to play the piano and sing with the other 2-5 patrons, whose demographic could best be described as "aging townie."
So the latest on Colin is that he lives in Lancaster, PA, with his girlfriend, Kitty, and sells Toyotas. Apparently he's good at it, because, as the bartender said, "you know Colin, he's got a lot of bullshit that he can make sound plausible."
Total cost of the entire pub crawl: $13.25. Total number of cars that passed us as we walked from our house to both bars and back: zero. Total success? Totally!
3 Comments:
HAHAHHAA!! I love this post!!!!
Classic Alfred. Not that I'm big on the bar scene there, but I figure it would be depressing to see a lot of my former classmates, all still in Alfred and still drinking. Isn't that what our class was famous for?
On an unrelated note: Lancaster, PA is Mennoniteland. I wonder how Colin fits in with the natives. :)
Yeah, we said he should be selling buggies instead of Toyotas! His girlfriend rides horses, so I bet she moved there for horse-related reasons.
Publicar un comentario
<< Home