first day of classes
Not much to report, except that Phonetics is going to be AWESOME! Our course project is to find someone who speaks a language we don't speak, make them say all these words, transcribe them using the International Phonetic Alphabet, and then draw conclusions about that language's sound system. How fun is that?
Sociolinguistics, I'm less sure about. I found today's class pretty hard to follow, but I think that was because the professor was talking about things we haven't learned yet. I heard he's supposed to be good- maybe once you've done the reading..
My first Spanish 101 class (which I'm teaching) is tomorrow, and I still don't have this year's calendar. Wouldn't that be helpful when (tomorrow at 9 am) I'm giving my students an overview of the course? There's no time like the last minute...
2 Comments:
I'm famous now -- Rachel put our chicken roasting adventures on one of her latest blog entries. HEHE!!!
I posted another comment before the one about the chicken, but it disappeared. It was nothing major - just said, "Phonetics sounds cool!!"
Heh.
=)
Good luck with school starting!!! It sounds exciting so far.
*yearns for grad school*
Publicar un comentario
<< Home