karenlikescereal

viernes, agosto 18, 2006

How far will I go for internet?

For the moment, we only get the neighbors' wireless network, because the network that the downstairs girls set up (incidentally, it's named "lethal virus") isn't working.

So how far will I go for internet?

I will sit in the stairwell.
I will bring my power cord and crazy creek chair and get comfy.
I will go all the way down the stairs when the network isn't reaching the top.
I will sit just inside my own front door and scare the hell out of my roommate.

Internet, I would even sit outside on the neighbors' very stoop if that were the only way to reach you. You are the light in my darkness, the humor in my boredom, the vast fount of knowledge in my ignorance. You are my procrastination in busy times and my friend in lonely times. You are there 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You keep me updated on world news, keep me connected with my friends, and tell me what the temperature is outside my window by sending signals all over the country and maybe even out into space. You are not a dump truck. You are not a series of pipes. You are a beautiful, ethereal web of all that I could ever want.

I really hope that I wouldn't forsake all others for you, but to be honest I'm not really quite sure.

Internet, I love you. Can you stop playing hard to get now?


3 Comments:

At 8:40 p. m., Blogger Andrea said...

I'm going to test your love for internet. Choose A or B:

A) free Ben & Jerry's for life
B) free wireless internet for life

A) free unlimited Ikea purchases for life
B) free wireless interenet for life

A) free international air travel for life
B) free wireless internet for life

:)

 
At 2:41 p. m., Blogger karenlikescereal said...

Well, would the internet follow me everywhere I go?

The third one is tempting...

 
At 12:38 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

You need to stop reading Craigslist.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home