old computer, meet new computer
I felt kind of funny about getting a new computer- I mean, my old computer (from which I am currently writing this post) was the one that cuddled with me on the couch during the three long years where my social life, such as it was, existed primarily over IM. But this computer has seen better days. It didn't really like the introduction of Mac OS X, and it certainly wasn't crazy about being run off European voltage. The hard drive is full, it desperately needs more memory, and it's four years old. Not wanting to repeat the fate of my iMac (a natural death, inconveniently coinciding with finals week of senior year at Williams,) I decided it was time to spring for a new laptop.
old
new
The design is almost identical- they are the same width, but the MacBook is not as tall because it's a 13 inch widescreen instead of a 15 inch normal screen. That plus the FireWire transfer of EVERYTHING from the old computer to the new one made the transition... anticlimactic. There's my desktop photo of the Bean in Chicago. There's my file organization system- one folder called My Stuff into which I dump practically everything. My bookmarks and toolbars are the same.
So old computer, don't feel sad because I'm trading you in for a younger model. The incredible degree of sameness between you and Trophy Wife Computer should reassure you. It's been good. Can we still be friends?
2 Comments:
I don't know...it seems like the new trophy wife has bigger boobs (more memory) and a smaller waist (13 in. screen). Always going for fresh meat, geez!
*steals a kiss from Karen's new computer*
Publicar un comentario
<< Home