the twilight zone
I went up to Chicago overnight with two missions: to go to Alan's party, and to do the corn maze. The corn maze didn't happen because it was closed due to pouring rain (and because Alan sprained his ankle by jumping down some steps while drunk), but the party was awesome. Abba music videos, Kemp, Circle of Death, pizza, a keg, and a bunch of cool people- how can you go wrong?
The weirdest thing happened though- I ran into one of Peter's other ex-girlfriends, and we had this long bizarre conversation where neither of us thought to mention his last name to make sure we were talking about the same person. I had met her a year ago for about 30 seconds. They're from Connecticut, I'm from New York, and here we are at this party in Chicago. But that's not weird at all. What's weird is that she looks EXACTLY like me- same color hair, same haircut, same glasses (I don't usually even wear mine but I was last night!), same color skin, same bodybuild except a few inches shorter, same posture, same stance, same mannerisms! CRAZY! We were all standing around in a circle talking and she and I would cross our arms or shift to the other foot and put our hands in our pockets at the same time. Maybe she's my long-lost older sister.
I don't have a picture because I didn't want to totally cross the awkwardness line, but I'm not imagining it- I mentioned it to Alan's roommate (who is also named Peter) and he said, "oh, you mean mini-you? The girl that I just thought was you but she's not?"
CREEPY.
1 Comments:
You REALLY should have taken a picture. Isn't that what your transparent hat is for?
-Emily
Publicar un comentario
<< Home