Indian food
I've quit Indian food three times. The first time was when Williamstown got the new Indian restaurant. Since there are only about five restaurants in town, Ebit and I felt obligated to try it even though we both disliked Indian food before that. Sure enough, it sucked. So we quit.
But apparently I have a thing for guys who like Indian food. The second and third times were after burning off my tastebuds at restaurants that were, "really not spicy, no, come on, you have to give it a second/third chance!" Lies.
Then last night, my dislike of Indian food conflicted with my well-known love of free food. The NELS 37 (North East Linguistics Society) conference is in town, and they bought 100 of us a free buffet dinner at Basmati. So I strategized. Filled the plate with rice, bread, and fried puffy things, then put approximately 1 teaspoon of each dish marked "not spicy" on top. I'm sure it looked comical to any real Indian food lover, but it was actually pretty good. Free food vs. Anti-Indian- score one for free food.
0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home