karenlikescereal

jueves, diciembre 21, 2006

you know you're on vacation when...

...after watching an episode of What Not To Wear and an episode of 10 Years Younger- in your pajamas, blissfully free of the shackles of hygiene required by the day-to-day grind- when another episode of 10 Years Younger comes on, you think, "awesome! The guy with the long grey hair! I saw this one before but only the beginning! I'd better pause it so I can go get some more cookies and crank the wood stove up to 700 degrees."

10 Years Younger is my current favorite reality show because of its rigorous use of the scientific method. They put someone in a "soundproof" box on the street (the soundproofing device is an iPod) and ask 100 people how old they think the person is. Then they compare that average to the average they get at the end of the show. And it works! There's only about 10 minutes of the show that is spent telling the subjects everyone's hurtful comments until they want to kill themselves, and then the rest is about making them feel good about themselves. Quality reality TV.