back to school
Our break was way too long. Four weeks off allows downshifting from "superproductive 16 hour day working robot" mode, to "shit, what happened to the last four days? time flies when you're having fun" mode, to "universe... moving... slowly... can't summon up energy to change channel" mode, to "sleep stage 1, shallow hibernation/coma." And it just hurts when you have to shift back.
Fortunately, the beginning of the semester allows for one of my favorite activities in the whole wide world: copying things into calendars. Organizing. Planning. Sync(h)ing syllabi in a central location. Dividing work up into days, hours, and minutes. Planning grandiose routines that quickly fall by the wayside. Satisfying obsessive tendencies.
Over the course of last semester, I slowly honed my current system of planner marking: use one line for each hour of the day between 9 and 5 (ignoring annoying markings that split up each line into two halves), write down 10:30 for times with minutes and 10 am for times without minutes. Also, if two things are back to back and the first one is more than an hour long, err on the side of putting them on adjacent lines.
I have all my planners from years past. Want to know what petty tasks I had to get done on May 19th, 2005? Just ask.
1 Comments:
I am still in the "universe...moving...slowly" part. God, its absurd - I just slept for like 15 hours. You're so right about the break being too long! Since none of the coffeeshops and restaurants are calling me back, I'm going to break down and call the UC Davis temp agency. (where I worked before) They pay better anyway. I just didn't want to work in an office setting...this point, I just need to get out of the house! Soon! Insanity! Insanity is near! :<
Publicar un comentario
<< Home