deja, deja, deja vu
I actually don't mind teaching 4 sections of Spanish, but I DO mind teaching three of them Monday/Wednesday and one of them Tuesday/Thursday. After I sleep a night in between, something registers in my brain that I have ALREADY DONE THIS LESSON... quite possibly with this group of students. So I spend the entire Tuesday/Thursday class thinking that really, SURELY they'd say something if I had already taught THEM this lesson, but why are those two girls snickering in the back... Taking the lesson plan physically out of my backpack after the fourth class doesn't seem to help.
I think the real problem is that they all conspired to put people with the same names in each class. ALL FOUR sections have most of these:
Ann/Amy: small, blond girl.
Ashley: black girl, participates a lot.
Ben, Brian: generic white boy.
Danyel/Danielle: alpha girls.
John/Juan: small hispanic boy.
Jonathan: white boy with longish brown hair.
I write down identifying factors in tiny scrawl on the class list, hoping that they won't be able to read "cute!" or "does Sudoku in class" next to their names. The best name by far is one redheaded boy whose last name is Vonderhaar (wonder hair!), and the best student by far is a raging Bush fan who participates constantly, is fairly clueless, and, you guessed it, is a football player.
0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home