karenlikescereal

jueves, febrero 22, 2007

sentence task

I have been approached by a Chinese business student to do a project which involves recording 660 English sentences. I got the sentences, and they are WEIRD- everything about the deal sounds like some sort of terrorist plot- and isn't 66 the devil's number?? Here is a brief sampling:

I can express myself in good English.
Don't be uneasy about the consequence.
He's a terrible man when he's angry.
My god! There are mice in Mrs. Lee's kitchen!
Is there any sugar in the bottle?
I dig songs and I like pop music very much.
You're really killing me!
He is only about five feet high.
In a word, I am tired of everything.
My watch is faster than yours.
He is heavily insured against death.
You may have heard of Birth Control.
He dare not tell us his evil conduct.
The salve will heal slight burns.
I haven't even touched your tooth yet.
I was alone, but not lonely.


1 Comments:

At 6:20 a. m., Blogger Scraggle18 said...

Oh my god! Those sentences are hysterical!

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home