roommates
I listed my apartment for next year on craigslist and have gotten replies from people in only two programs: library science and music. Why *them*? Here are my hypotheses:
Library science people are better at doing research, and therefore better at finding me on craigslist. Music people noted the lilting tones of my prose and decided I was musical.
I still have some sort of "music hag" aura about me from hanging out with Jon. I still have some sort of "dork" aura about me from 7th grade.
Library science people saw no books in the pictures and decided they would be able to make a difference by teaching me how to read. Music people saw "large bedroom" and figured it would fit their cello and tuba.
Music people saw "dinner parties" and thought I could feed them since they're starving artists. Library science people saw "clean" and pictured Dewey Decimals.
Library science people are smart (they got into the best program in the country,) so they liked me! Music people... ok, I'm out of ideas, because I'm going to offer it to a library science person today. She seems cool and is graduating from Bryn Mawr, so she satisfies my east coast snobbery. As soon as I can get into her MySpace page and check her out thoroughly...
2 Comments:
You should POST the ad so we can offer our own analyses.
Library science people are the grooviest :)
Publicar un comentario
<< Home