apathy
Taking a class on the European Union has made me realize that I really do not give a fuck about politics and (most of) history. (Sorry, Emily, and... uh... history people.) I'm happy to open up the New York Time and click on stories such as, "Mommies, Babies, and Kittens!" or "Sex!" or "Unsubstantiated Pop Psychology!" or "How do you say 'Got Milk" en Español?"
Here are some articles for class I don't want to read:
-From the Treaty of Boringness in Some Year to the Something Else that Happened in Another Year
-What Someone Thinks about the Entire History of Western Civilization
-Trivial Law History of the European Union
-The Three Pillars: This, That, and the Other Thing
-The Formation of the European Union in 9,423 Steps
6 Comments:
Yeah... Karen already took the Eurotrash tour of the EU, so everything since has been unfulfilling. :)
hey, I'm taking a class in Social Psychology! (seriously, I am). Here are some of the articles I have to read:
- An Unnecessarily Complicated Model for Predicting Behaviors That Are Really Obvious Anyway
- Interpersonal Communication: Sometimes We Use Words, Sometimes Not
- The Cognition Processes of An Obscure Culture You Will Never Visit
- Pointless Experiment Using College Undergrads
Karen Says: "Take that your left wing, overly intellectual, liberal arts pointdexters"
So...why are you taking a class on the EU? Aren't you a linguistics grad student?
Just curious,
Steve
My German FLAS is from the EU center, so I have to.
In high school, I hated government politics classes. For some reason, though, I took the AP Government test. For some reason, I was so turned off (disgusted) by it, that, for one of the essay questions, I wrote a short, sarcastic poem (in English, transliterated into Russian letters) about some topic I can't remember anymore. Miraculously, I still managed to get a score of 3 (of 5). :-)
Publicar un comentario
<< Home