karenlikescereal

martes, marzo 25, 2008

BabyfaceBook

Facebook may be powerful now, but just wait until people my age start having BABIES. Actually, I got this idea because they ALREADY HAVE... well, a certain subset of them, anyway. The Christian ones. A girl I played with when I was in preschool friended me recently, and her friends like to have babies practically every week, based on the photo commenting!

They have entertaining baby blogs with bible verses for "Happy Resurrection Day" (hint: it's the holiday you think of as "candy haul without the hassle of trick or treating"), interspersed with adorable pictures, what-I-did-today posts, and totally normal and fascinating accounts of their children's language development.

Facebook allows me to see photos belonging to people I don't even know at all, like this one:

...which I totally should not have the power to even see, let alone hotlink to. I have no idea who those people are, where they live, or how they're connected to me, but aren't they cute?

Just wait. In a few years, Zombies vs. Werewolves and Scrabulous will be replaced by some sort of baby milestone racing applications.


4 Comments:

At 6:58 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Jeez, that kid looks way too young to already have a baby.

I've been reconnected with my high school classmates through a reunion group on facebook, and, yes, they're all makin' babies. I'm waaaaay behind on that score.

 
At 10:00 p. m., Blogger rlbuckwalter said...

That's actually Janet Sootheran's two little boys, Justin and Micah. She got married to a guy she met at AU and they live in the Titus's old house. :) I only know because Martha and Janna still keep in touch with her.

 
At 5:44 p. m., Blogger karenlikescereal said...

Oh yeah... they do kind of look like Janet Sootheran, now that you mention it.

 
At 12:04 a. m., Blogger Andrea said...

Sooo CUTE!!! And your point about the new wave of applications to handle the baby-sharing of people who were Facebookers in college is brilliant. In fact, I think you should drop out of grad school to develop baby-sharing applications and make millions on the ad space.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home