Hungry Planet
I also recently got Hungry Planet out of the library. It's a book showing families with their groceries for one week. I was annoyed that the book didn't show any single-person households (the smallest family is 3 people), so I decided to take my own picture. For a week, I kept track of what I ate. Then, I bought those groceries again (or their equivalent; for example, 2 peppers = 1 zucchini) and took a photo of everything:
Unfortunately, the photo wasn't quite up to the photojournalistic standards of Hungry Planet, but the closeup is a little better:
Here's what I ate:
Grains:1 box cereal, 1/2 loaf bread, 1/2 box pasta, 1 cup rice, 1 tube Ritz crackers
Dairy:1 block cheddar cheese, 1 container soy ice cream (not actually dairy)
Meat, fish, eggs:1 can tuna fish, 4 eggs, 2 slices bologna
Fruit, vegetables, nuts:1 pear, 1 plum, 1 mango, 2 clementines, 2 bananas, 2 peppers, 1/2 bag spinach, 1 container mushrooms, 1 small can tomato sauce, 1/2 bag carrot chips, 1 bag asian salad, 1/2 onion, 1 handful peanuts, 1/2 can black beans, 1 box raisins
Beverages:1/2 gallon soy milk, 1/2 gallon orange juice, 1 cup coffee grounds, 2 tea bags, 1 packet Crystal Light, 1 beer, 1 mojito (from party)
Condiments:mayonnaise, soy sauce, wasabi, sugar, butter, jam, oil, peanut butter
Snacks:handful Reese's peanut butter cups, 4 pop tarts
Prepared food:1 Pad Thai, 2 sushi rolls, 1 can clam chowder, frozen fries, 1 reception
1 Comments:
Nice! I'm impressed with the amount of fruits and vegetables that you ate. Also, you didn't eat any apple crisp topping or cookie dough. :) Was this a typical week?
Publicar un comentario
<< Home