karenlikescereal

lunes, marzo 24, 2008

Texin'

I got into the TexFLEC conference in Austin, April 25-26! Should be nice and warm down there then. I'm presenting my paper entitled "Germany's immigrant language policy: what one can find out about it on the internet.*" Now, I can officially say that the European Union seminar I took for my FLAS fellowship was not entirely useless-- however, I can still say that only 1 out of 17 classes was relevant to this paper, and even then, that class session only gave me about 2 sentences.

The conference website has cute little children waiting to learn a foreign language:


This will be my first conference presentation in linguistics. I did two presentations when I was a Spanish teacher, but K-12 teachers are... let's just say... a less intimidating audience. Not that they're dumb or anything, just... somewhat... less into research.

*not real title.


1 Comments:

At 8:50 a. m., Blogger eric k said...

texas? really? all i can say is: be careful.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home