Oldest Clothing Items
I have a pair of green Champion shorts that I've had since high school- I distinctly remember Hannah House telling me that they looked good on me in the 10th grade, so that would make them 12 years old. And they still fit perfectly! Which is proof that jeans really do shrink over time, because I'm definitely NOT still wearing my high school jeans. The green shorts haven't worn out, since the occasions for which Champion shorts are appropriate become fewer and farther between as one gets older.
But those shorts are eclipsed by my Santorini T-shirt. I'm not actually sure if the one I have now is mine or my sister's, since I know we both had one. And don't worry, it's been demoted from T-shirt to pajama shirt due to some minor shoulder holes. But if my memory is accurate, my uncle brought us the shirts when he went to Europe right after the fall of the Berlin wall, making the shirts 18 years old. Of course, everyone that's my vintage knows that the size shirt I would have worn when I was 9 is pretty much the same as the size shirt I wear today, since back then, shirts were supposed to end just above the knees. (That way your butt was covered, because you were only wearing leggings for pants.) But still: Santorini shirt, you've now reached legal voting age!
And what are your oldest articles of clothing?
1 Comments:
Well, if we limit the discussion to clothes I wear on a regular basis, then my oldest item of clothing is probably this green-and-red sweater I can remember wearing in celebration of Christmas, 1990. That's got to be at least 18.
I also still wear the two t-shirts that celebrated my freshman year dorm, in 1993. Those usually only appear under other shirts. To this day, they have never gotten wrinkled.
Of course, I still own things like my Minnesota Twins World Series Champion sweatshirt from 1987, too. After wearing that approximately every third winter day during High School, though, it's been officially retired since about 1992.
Publicar un comentario
<< Home