karenlikescereal

miércoles, mayo 14, 2008

I'm back

So, finals were rather unpleasant this year, since I had 5 final papers, totaling 78 pages. At that rate, I should be able to write my dissertation in approximately 3 weeks. I didn't even pull any all-nighters-- but really, all-nighters are only effective when one has papers due at a rate of less than 1 paper/2 days.

Unfortunately, I know from my experience as a grader that the professors will probably give each paper only a cursory skim, and that's if they don't use the "stairs method."

I turned in my last paper at 4 pm this past Friday. I had thought it was due at 5 pm, but apparently it was due at midnight. This may be the farthest ahead I've ever finished anything in my life.

On Saturday, I cleaned the entire house, watched 2 TV shows (that's 1+ weeks worth of TV during the school year), bought starter plants, posted four items on Craigslist, bought some end tables off Craigslist, went to the mall and got two pairs of pants, and made spanikopita.

I guess I had some extra finals energy left over. That's gone now.