where I'm from
Yesterday, I had someone ask me what they should do in NYC, since I'm "from New York." Well, the difference between the city and Allegany County is as follows:

This is someone from my high school class, or at least married to someone in my high school class. Please note:
•He's wearing a "realistic camo" print T-shirt.
•He's wearing a baseball cap with "Bud" displayed prominently on the front.
•Her perm and glasses are circa 1989, but the photo's from 2001.
•They seem to be the champions of some sort of bowling league.
•The theme is "Wild Irish Rose."
•LOOK at the horrible backdrop!
I actually had to click on "ignore all requests from this person" on Facebook, because every few hours, she was inviting me to play Bingo and Slot Machine and race cars.
I know a lot about her. She's racing a tricked out Koenigsegg. Her other car is an SSC Ultimate Aero. Her Facebook house is a Big Yellow, her Tuner Car is a 67 shelby mustang, and her BBQ grill is an upright pit and smoker. Oh, and her bike is a Dodge Tomohawk. She has 223 bottles of beer to give away.
She has a lot of time to hang out on Facebook because she's a stay-at-home mom. She's a stay-at-home mom because she has SIX children (hey, she graduated from high school 12 years ago and he graduated 10 years ago, what were they supposed to do?) One of the children is at least middle school age.
Any more questions on why I'm totally going to my high school reunion?
[Edit: I just saw that another Alfred compatriot of mine just attended a "21+ Christian singles retreat" where they prayed for the salvation of someone's "unsaved loved ones."]
5 Comments:
Oh my god, I laughed so hard at this post. I have also been amused by this person's endless amounts of facebook requests, and the photo is just PRICELESS!!
When is our reunion, again? I keep forgetting. June? Good thing I'm nearby and can hop on down. We need to get trashed and giggle insanely.
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
Oops, I think I deleted my comment. Yeah... I just had to preserve this picture for posterity, in case she takes it down.
The reunion is July 19th. My mom called someone up a long time ago and figured it out, since I'm not exactly nearby.
Hilarious and oh so true. I also have ignored all requests from both these people. I expect a full report from you two on the reunion. :)
Karen - Rachel just directed me to this post because the male in the picture above added me as a friend too. No idea who he is! I had to ask her. Too funny. I did ultimately ignore it because again, no idea. That picture is beyond words. I've become very careful these days to say "I'm from New York State, about FIVE HOURS WEST OF THE CITY from a small town" They still don't really understand!
Publicar un comentario
<< Home