karenlikescereal

miércoles, julio 16, 2008

one month of Netflix

I managed to see 15 movies in my one free month of Netflix, which is approximately 13 or 14 movies more than I see in a typical month. There were all these crazy connections! The guy from Lars and the Real Girl is the same one from The Notebook! Sayid from Lost is in The English Patient! As Charles said, people who do movies don't just do one and then stop, they keep going. Go figure.

The nice thing about the World Wide Web is that instead of forming my own opinions about the movies, I can just go look up what other people thought about them. For instance, Wikipedia helpfully supplies Elaine's comment regarding The English Patient on Seinfeld: "Quit telling your stupid story, about the stupid desert, and just die already! Die!!"

Here's what I saw:

-Sweeney Todd
-The Golden Compass
-Into the Wild
-The Bridge (a documentary about people killing themselves by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge)
-Hell House (a documentary about Christians creating a moralistic haunted house)
-Run Lola Run (oops, I had seen this)
-The Prestige
-Lars and the Real Girl
-Cold Mountain
-10 things I Hate About You (oops, I had seen this too)
-Songcatcher (a fictional story thinly covering a documentary about Appalachian music)
-The Notebook
-Munich
-Hair
-The English Patient

OK, so we've got 2 musicals, 1 children's movie, 2 documentaries and 2 pseudo-documentaries, 3 sappy romances, 1 teen romance, 2 kind of suspenseful movies, only 1 foreign film, and 1 drama co-starring a sex doll. What does this say about me?