karenlikescereal

martes, agosto 19, 2008

the omnivore's hundred

It's a list of 100 foods every omnivore should try at least once, from PB&J to Durian.

My latest addition was Paneer, which I ate in an Indian dish called Something Paneer. It was gross (just the Paneer, not the spinach-- that was delicious.) Yes, I've sworn off Indian food three times, but I've since opened up my naan-mango lassi diet to include spinach-based dishes that can be made extra mild.

By my count, I've eaten at least 56 list items, which-- given the amount of traveling I've done and my penchant for ordering the thing I've never heard of on the menu-- means that the list is overly ambitious. I doubt I'd ever be able to finish the hundred, even by trying.


3 Comments:

At 4:27 p. m., Blogger rlbuckwalter said...

I'll have to make you palak paneer sometime. Krestia loves it, because it combines two of his favorite food groups: fried things and cheesy things. It is essentially fried cheese in a spicy spinach sauce.
You're doing better than me--at a rough count I've had 35 or 36 items from that list. One of them, though is roadkill moose. I'm particularly proud of that one. :)

 
At 10:41 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Yeah, I bet it would be pretty good with normal cheese. The paneer in question was more like... tofu, but sticky. Do you use that?

 
At 5:10 a. m., Blogger Scraggle18 said...

I've had 74 of them!!!! Leave it to me to have tried a zillion weird foods!!! Some of them are just foods renowned for their deliciousness or cultural distinction. It's definitely an interesting mix. I absolutely love food, and I will try ANYTHING!!!!!

*chomps on chocolate-covered giant ants*

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home