Finally
Finally- for the first time in my adult life- I'm wearing red, white, and blue instead of black the day after the election.
Megan and I watched the election at Matt's party, and although the actual announcement was a little anticlimactic because it was so early, the speeches were great. Then, when we came home, there were people in the streets in our quiet residential neighborhood shouting "Yes we can!" at each other. It was pretty awesome.
What makes this so delicious is that we went through eight years of an anti-intellecutal president fucking up our economy and dumbing down our schools while fighting expensive ridiculous imperialistic wars abroad in order to get here. Of course, it would have been better if we didn't have to go through that. But I'm glad that the America that somehow mysteriously voted for Bush in 2004 (really, guys?) finally admitted that it was wrong, and elected someone who will do much, much better by all of us.
0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home