ghettolicious
In honor of the fact that I'm going out of town tomorrow and moving in 4 weeks, and therefore don't want to buy a lot of food, I bring you my favorite ghetto pasta dishes.
Free Shelf Pasta: pasta with scrambled eggs and soy sauce. These three items are almost guaranteed to be found on the free shelf of any self-respecting European youth hostel.
Dinner a la Megan: cook cut-up vegetables in 2 cups of water, add Ramen noodles and seasoning packet. It took me several months to catch on to this delicious all-in-one-pot dinner treat, but now I'm hooked.
PWRC: The acronym stands for Pasta With Random Crap. This is another European youth hostel dish- I used to buy a package of "soup vegetables" to make it, but you can use any vegetables. Cook the vegetables with the pasta as in Dinner a la Megan, but then drain. Cover it with pesto, if you're in Europe where pesto is cheap, or with little cubes of cheddar cheese, if you're in America.
1 Comments:
OMG, I'm doing the same thing right now!! I'm trying to eat whatever is in my refrigerator. Basically, cut everything up, put it in a a big pot with chicken broth and spices, and make a huge vat of soup!!
Another trick is to cut everything up and put it in a roasting pan, sprinkle olive oil, spices, and some balsamic over it, and shove it in the oven for a while. Roasted ____!
Publicar un comentario
<< Home