karenlikescereal

lunes, noviembre 17, 2008

time for a new watch

My "girly" watch battery died, so I'm wearing the much larger blue plastic digital watch that I actually thought was cute before I got my metal watch. Sure, the metal watch has minor issues like the fact that the hands are the same color as the background, which means that it takes me 30 seconds to read it, but it's cute! And no, it doesn't have a stopwatch, alarm, or backlight, but hey, it's cute!

The analog watch does have one advantage, though- it showed me the relationship between space and time. It takes the hand so long to get from here to there. You know, and the rate at which time passes depends on an object's velocity relative to the speed of light. I've always found it hard to accept that it takes you the same amount of time to get from point A to point B whether you're in a hurry or not (presuming you're traveling at pretty much the maximum allowable speed all the time,) but since I've had the analog watch, it seems more plausible.