Stay at my home!
It's always annoyed me when people think their apartment is "too small" for visitors. (This isn't apropos of anyone on my road trip- you were all very hostful!)
People only ask to stay with you for two reasons. They want to see more of you (or think it would be more fun to stay with you), or they want to save money (perhaps you live in Manhattan and they're not keen on spending $150 for eight hours of sleep). They're not asking because they think you can provide them with a private guest room, complete with matching bedding, mass-produced watercolors, TV, and white towels. If they wanted that, they'd just get a hotel. And they won't ask to stay for a really long time if you don't have a lot of space.
Next time someone tells me I can't stay with them because they don't have a guest room, I'll just hostess-gift them this:
As a frequent youth hostel resident, I know that 30 square feet of your apartment's floor is perfectly adequate to provide me with my own space. I'm not sure what the arrow rug is doing, but the rest of it could probably be recreated with IKEA parts, since it doesn't seem to be for sale.
More pics here.
Oh, and feel free to stay with me ANYTIME. I know Urbana, IL isn't exactly on the way to most places, but I hosted Chris Warshaw on his way to California, so stop on by!
2 Comments:
We have one of these for guests in our extra room:
http://www.cordaroys.com/
I've slept on it and I like it, but we've had some complaints that it's too soft...our last guest preferred a thermarest on the floor instead! We love hosting people.
That looks awesome! I do like a hard bed, though. My best solution for guests is to take the mattress out of my ancient sleeper sofa, and put it on the floor, because you can totally feel that metal frame through it. The floor is the key to most comfortable bed arrangements.
Publicar un comentario
<< Home