karenlikescereal

domingo, febrero 08, 2009

creature of comforts

I'm incredibly lazy when it comes to wearing things that are even slightly less comfortable than other things. If you're wondering what's uncomfortable, ask: is it seven-year-old Land's End hiking shoes or DKNY Soho jeans? If not, it's probably not comfortable. Things have to fit in so many places, and if they are tight or have a small neck (horrors!) or rub my feet the wrong way, I just can't be bothered to put them on.

The Land's End hiking shoes are particularly dangerously comfortable, AND they have little lace hooks and long thin laces such that, although I'm sure they're not designed this way, you can leave them tied and just hook the laces on the hooks twice to fasten them. This is brilliant. Of course, they don't have them anymore, or I would have bought ten more pairs and never bought any cute shoes for the rest of my life. I now have three (3) other pairs of hiking shoes that were supposed to be the Lands End ones' replacement. I don't wear them.

I also have a new pair of glasses that looks great, but is made of metal (cold!) and has ear pads that stop abruptly mid-ear. The only way to make myself wear them instead of my ten-year-old Wal-Mart glasses that fit perfectly is to have Charles hide the comfortable ones somewhere in the house.

How do fashionable people put on all that tight or cold or heeled clothing?


1 Comments:

At 8:14 a. m., Blogger Shannon said...

I don't know either. It is for this reason I still dress like a college student :\

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home